Re: Perl5 update

> As Thomas said: I'd like to be surprised by the patch.
Let's see when I have time to sketch one.

> I'm interested in getting an answer what you're missing in
> devel/p5-IO-Async/Makefile or similar package?
I thought I imlicitly answered that multiple times:
1. Someone has to manually add all these PERL5_REQD+= lines to the Makefile,
   which can only be done by inspecting corelist.
2. Someone has to re-do that when modules get added to/removed from Core.
(3. You only in comment fileds do write down what you really mean.)
4. What do you write if you need a module that has been removed from Core?
   You can't express a range in PERL5_REQD, do you?

There's another issue:
5. Suppose you have a native Perl 5.40 satisfying all requirements but
lacking the required Foo::Bar module, which is included in pkgsrc's Perl
5.42 (and also available in pkgsrc as devel/p5-Foo-Bar).
Then, your approach, contrary to the, as I just learned, deprecated
        DEPENDS+= {perl>=5.42,p5-Foo-Bar>=1.23}:../../devel/p5-Foo-Bar
practise, will pull in the pkgsrc Perl 5.42, not p5-Foo-Bar.
Is that what is desired?