Re: Perl5 update

Shouldn't there be an infrastructure mechanism that allows a Perl Module's
Makefile to express either
        I need Foo::Bar 47.11, and I assume it's in Core
(which sets PKG_FAIL_REASON if that assertion is false)
or better
        I need Foo::Bar 47.11, take it from Core or devel/p5-Foo-Bar
(adding a dependency on the latter if the former is false)?

I don't think that would be too hard to implement. You need a pre-digested
corelist output in lang/perl5/somewhere, an fgrep and a version comparison.

You could even automatically add a CONFLICTS+= p5-Foo-Bar if you take
Foo::Bar from Core. I guess Perl Module packages automatically depend on
"this Perl Version and not the next one", don't tey?

Do I overlook something?