Re: why is complaining about gsed?

On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 21:10:26 +0900, John Marino <>

I was able to reproduce this again.
I forgot that I modified the emacs20/Makefile to provide patches to David.
After I reverted the Makefile back to the repository version, I get this

gsed is not defined in ${USE_TOOLS} and it is defined in ${_USE_TOOLS}

Do you know how that can be possible / what can cause that?

As I already said, it may happen if you modify USE_TOOLS during make phase.
For example, add 'gsed' to USE_TOOLS, `make configure', drop `gsed' from
then `make build' or something.
But such dependency changes should be done after `make clean'.

OBATA Akio /