Re: why is replace.mk complaining about gsed?

On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 21:10:26 +0900, John Marino <marino%netbsd.org@localhost>
wrote:

I was able to reproduce this again.
I forgot that I modified the emacs20/Makefile to provide patches to David.
After I reverted the Makefile back to the repository version, I get this
again.

gsed is not defined in ${USE_TOOLS} and it is defined in ${_USE_TOOLS}

Do you know how that can be possible / what can cause that?

As I already said, it may happen if you modify USE_TOOLS during make phase.
For example, add 'gsed' to USE_TOOLS, `make configure', drop `gsed' from
USE_TOOLS
then `make build' or something.
But such dependency changes should be done after `make clean'.

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost