Re: why is replace.mk complaining about gsed?

On Fri, 09 Dec 2011 10:58:26 +0900, John Marino <marino%netbsd.org@localhost>
wrote:

I cannot find gsed in USE_TOOLS for emacs20...?
(I may see same problem if USE_TOOLS is changed during some make phase)

No, me neither.  gsed isn't used.  There's something going on with this
replacement.mk.

Do you know why these variables are not wrapped in double quotes?  If they
were, we would not be seeing these errors when the variables are undefined.

Because if gsed is in USE_TOOLS, _TOOLS_DEPMETHOD.gsed should be set as
one of BOOTSTRAP_PDENEDS, BUILD_DEPENDS or DEPENDS (lines 134-142).

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost