Re: why is replace.mk complaining about gsed?

On Fri, 09 Dec 2011 15:46:57 +0900, John Marino <marino%netbsd.org@localhost>
wrote:

The problem is that _USE_TOOLS:Mgsed is not empty but _USE_TOOLS:Mgsed
is.  This
clearly was not expected by the person that wrote this makefile.  It's
also happening
with different package makefiles on different USE_TOOLS, and there
doesn't seem to be
  anything wrong / weird with the package makefiles themselves.

So again: Since it clearly *IS* possible that _TOOLS_DEPMETHOD.<class>
can arrive at
these condition switches as empty strings, then double quotes must be
used here.  Even
if _TOOLS_DEPMETHOD.<class> being empty is itself a bug, at least it
won't crash the
package.

It is bad idea to just hide the bug.

Please let me know how to reproduce the problem.
(I have no problem for editors/emacs20 on DragonFly-i386-2.10.1)

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost