Re: IPv6 Stable Private Addresses RFC 7217

On 02/07/2014 22:43, Ted Lemon wrote:
On Jul 1, 2014, at 7:37 PM, Fernando Gont <fernando%gont.com.ar@localhost>
wrote:
They do. Stable-privacy addresses (RFC7217) are also meant to mitigate
host scanning attacks -- that was actually my motivation when I started
working on it at the time.

Fair point.   I should have said "needs them less."   In any case,
it's doubtful that host scanning attacks will target NetBSD--not
enough customers.

I think the fact it's running NetBSD is irrelevant for what the intended attack is for and what RFC7217 is trying to address.
dhcpcd also supports other OS's ;)

Roy