Re: IPv6 Stable Private Addresses RFC 7217

On Wed, Jun 04, 2014 at 10:36:55AM +0100, Roy Marples wrote:
> In summary, this is designed as a replacement interface identifier
> for the normal hardware derived one when using SLAAC.

Replacement or addition? I'm not sure I like removing the normal MAC
derived autoconfig address, but I am certainly fine with having a
separate (non-link local) address. This would be more in line with the
behavior of the privacy extension implementetd in many systems.

Joerg