Re: Moving Lua source codes

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 02:44:03AM -0400, Mouse wrote:
> >> Well, you are in contradiction to our guide, which under
> >> http://www.netbsd.org/releases/release-map.html#current states that
> >> "NetBSD-current is the main development branch".
>
> So, you're saying I should have done my AF_TIMER work in -current?
> Labeled control structure?  diskwatch?  pfw?  WSEMUL_MTERM?
> tun(4)-for-IPv6?  v6-capable SLIP?  netstat -T?  touch -d and -i?

To me, some of those seem like they'd be fine to have done in NetBSD-current.
Why didn't you do things like WSEMUL_MTERM there?  Is it mostly because
you track an older version of NetBSD?

> In short...
>
> > NetBSD-current the main development branch for things that we know we
> > want, and that we are prepared to support for a long time, and that
> > mostly work.

Which isn't always something that can be determined ahead of time, and
especially the "support for a long time" phase I'm not entirely in agreement
with.  IMO, a little more appetite for removing things that are barely used
would not be a bad thing, especially if it's something that's only been
present in -current and not in a release.

Eric