pre-import discussion: src/sys/lib/libunwind

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 12:19:49PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 09:17:38AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> > But for kernel, I think a better design is needed.
>
> I completely disagree that any of this provides an actual improvement.
>
> Joerg

ISTM a common cycle evolves with people heavily contributing to NetBSD
where at some point the switch flicks from the wisdom of the masses,
the choir of the cathedral singing the right song, to the vision of
the genius, and the annoying choir boys trying to chime in (this seems
to be a current instance, for other examples just look back to heavy
committers). A common theme seems to be building up expertise in one,
then few, then many subsystems of NetBSD; becoming (too?) passionate
and oppinionated about what seems (to that developer, at that time)
the one perfect solution, until finally the ultimate vision materializes
and needs to be pursued.

The next steps involve invoking core, forcing a group to a decision it
doesn't really wanna take (with the amount of / level of information
presented atm), and a grumpy and/or sulking developer left behind.

The process remains violated though.

Maybe it's time for an update of your 'constitution', NetBSD.

Regards,
someone enjoying technical arguments and the anal attention to detail
NetBSD technical discussions often exhibit, for its instructional value.