Re: boot(8) man page (was: Synology PPCBoot SK98 network bug fix)

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 13:44:03 +0100
David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> >> Ok. Probably most people will use wd0a for RAID. It is also
> >> documented in the NetBSD Guide (chapter 16).
> > [...]
> Would it make sense to note the restriction in a the MD BOOT(8) page?

That wouldn't be the only point worth mentioning.

AFAIK no MD boot(8) exists for sandpoint yet. It would certainly make
sense to describe all the functionality of altboot, which is very different
from the MI boot, there.

At the moment we only have a readme in sandpoint/stand/altboot/README.altboot.

I'm very bad in writing man pages (doing that by copying fragments from
other man page sources), so any help is appreciated. :)

--
Frank Wille