Re: Synology PPCBoot SK98 network bug fix

Hi,

> Ok. Probably most people will use wd0a for RAID. It is also documented
> in the NetBSD Guide (chapter 16).

I think so too.

> Still works for me. Please commit it. We can further improve the function
> in future.

Thanks!  Committed.

> Oh, sorry. IIRC it was me who told you to try that? ;)
> My MAC address is stored at 0xfff80000. I hope you could restore
> everything?

No - you mentioned that the environment was there on your version.  Because
the environment checksum happened to have an odd first byte, and the first 6
bytes at that offset are used for the MAC address, my MAC address ended up
as a multicast address.  Easily fixed with:

  printf \\x00\\x11\\x32\\x01\\x95\\x49 > mac-addr.bin

copying the file via tftp, and writing to flash to restore the MAC address.

Still can't get it to boot with only 2 receive descripters.  It seems that
if we fill both descriptors (e.g. one broadcast, one unicast reply), then
it stops receiving.  I checked all the descripter ctl words when we received
a packet, and also on timeout, to check the behaviour.  I will just patch my
skg.c locally to use 8 descriptors.

Thanks,

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/