Re: Synology PPCBoot SK98 network bug fix

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 13:06:20 +0100
Julian Coleman <jdc%coris.org.uk@localhost> wrote:

> How about the attached?  It will only check that partition 'a' is of type
> RAID, and apply p_offset to rf_offset.  (I have altered my disklabels, so
> that wd0a and wd1a are the RAID components).

Ok. Probably most people will use wd0a for RAID. It is also documented
in the NetBSD Guide (chapter 16).

Still works for me. Please commit it. We can further improve the function
in future.

> [..network problems..]
> A summary of the problem is: "Don't write to flash at address 0xFFF40000,
> because the adapter MAC address is stored there.

Oh, sorry. IIRC it was me who told you to try that? ;)
My MAC address is stored at 0xfff80000. I hope you could restore
everything?

>  Turning the adapter MAC
> address into a multicast MAC address is not a good idea". ;-)

Certainly not. Where did you do that?

--
Frank Wille