Re: boot(8) man page (was: Synology PPCBoot SK98 network bug fix)

Hi,

> AFAIK no MD boot(8) exists for sandpoint yet. It would certainly make
> sense to describe all the functionality of altboot, which is very different
> from the MI boot, there.
>
> At the moment we only have a readme in sandpoint/stand/altboot/README.altboot.
>
> I'm very bad in writing man pages (doing that by copying fragments from
> other man page sources), so any help is appreciated. :)

I have copied a lot of the text from README.altboot, and the layout from
other boot(8) manual pages, and have come up with:

  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/jdc/man8.sandpoint/Makefile
  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/jdc/man8.sandpoint/boot.8

I did leave out the supported models list - I think that the list is better
on the web pages, rather then the manual page, but I'm not 100% sure, as we
do sometimes put supported hardware lists in manual pages.

Thanks,

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/