Re: Synology PPCBoot SK98 network bug fix

On Wed, 1 Jun 2011 13:57:18 +0100
Julian Coleman <jdc%coris.org.uk@localhost> wrote:

> I need to check that this is actually working too ;-)  It may be that we
> are still seeing multicast packets, but as I have 8 receive descriptors
> currently, it doesn't affect me.

Yes, you should revert to 2 descriptors. We shouldn't change that.

>  I will have another look at the kernel
> driver and read the documentation, and see if I can spot where we are
> going wrong.

Thanks.

> > Then I can mark the DS-207 as officially supported on the sandpoint
> > page? :)
>
> ;-)

BTW, Oscar told me that the PPCBoot version in his 407e, which is also
a 2007 model, doesn't let him save the changed environment variables.

Can you check whether "saveenv" works for you?
And please tell us your full PPCBoot version.

--
Frank Wille