Re: Synology PPCBoot SK98 network bug fix

Hi,

> BTW, Oscar told me that the PPCBoot version in his 407e, which is also
> a 2007 model, doesn't let him save the changed environment variables.
>
> Can you check whether "saveenv" works for you?
> And please tell us your full PPCBoot version.

Mine shows:

  PPCBoot 2.0.0 (Jan 30 2007 - 14:28:39)

and when I try:

  _MPC824X > saveenv
  Saving Environment is not support

so mine will not allow me to save either.  When it boots, it prints:

  *** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

so I presume that it has tried to read the environment from somewhere on
the flash.  Looking at the DSM downloads from the Synology site, they
appear to contain just a kernel (zImage) and a ram disk image (rd.bin).
and not different firmware.

Thanks,

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/