Re: Synology PPCBoot SK98 network bug fix

On Mon, 30 May 2011 09:53:30 +0100
Julian Coleman <jdc%coris.org.uk@localhost> wrote:

>   sending
>   recving with 2 sec. timeout
>   Got one rxd[0] : rxstat = 00400500
>   Parsing : ctl = 63550040
>   recving with 2 sec. timeout
>   Got one rxd[1] : rxstat = 013a0300
>   Parsing : ctl = 6355013a

That looks ok.

First I was puzzled, because I checked the if_sk.c source again, and saw
that it is not using RXOK, but checks XM_RXSTAT_ERRFRAME.

So I thought for a moment that we have to use the XMAC II status definitions
instead, while I was using RXOK from the Yukon status word, which in the
kernel is only used by the msk(4) Yukon2 driver.

Our NIC is a Marvell Yukon-Light. And it obvisouly uses the Yukon status
layout (otherwise your debug output would be nonsense). This might be a
bug in if_sk.c, which fortunately had not much effect yet.

>   recving with 2 sec. timeout
>   timeout
>   sending
> [...]
> - I was expecting another packet in descriptor 0 next.  Also, we don't
> receive any packets after we send another.

Hmm. But can you confirm that be packets are sent by your DHCP server?
I would look into the log of the server if it had received a valid DHCP
request. Maybe you have just a configuration problem in dhcpd.conf. When
you are sure the server accepted the NAS request, look out if it sends a
packet directed to it. When there is no packet it cannot receive anything.

> So, I guess that something is wrong with our receive descriptor set
> up. I'll see what I can spot.

I hope the solution is easier, as it already works with Oscar's 407e. :)

--
Frank Wille