Re: Synology PPCBoot SK98 network bug fix

Hi,

> So, I'm slightly puzzled why it works in the kernel, but not in altboot.
> I would guess that either the chip doesn't think that the packet is for
> us (wrong MAC address loaded?) or that we are not getting receive interrupts.

I'm wrong on both counts ;-)  If I add a little extra debugging to
skg_recv(), I can see that we do receive packets:

  sending
  recving with 2 sec. timeout
  Got one rxd[0] : rxstat = 00400500
  Parsing : ctl = 63550040
  recving with 2 sec. timeout
  Got one rxd[1] : rxstat = 013a0300
  Parsing : ctl = 6355013a
  recving with 2 sec. timeout
  timeout
  sending
  recving with 4 sec. timeout
  timeout
  sending
  recving with 8 sec. timeout
  timeout
  sending
  recving with 16 sec. timeout
  timeout
  bootp: no reply

We send out our request.  Then, we receive a packet in descriptor 0
(RXOK, MULTICAST) and pass it up.  Next, we receive a packet in descriptor
1 (RXOK, BROADCAST) and pass it up.  We then don't receive any more packets
- I was expecting another packet in descriptor 0 next.  Also, we don't
receive any packets after we send another.

So, I guess that something is wrong with our receive descriptor set up. I'll
see what I can spot.

Thanks,

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/