Re: keyboard layout

Hi,

Maybe this isn't completely germane, but while we're on keyboard stuff perhaps someone could explain two things:

One, why does backspace do different things on different keyboards? Particularly while booted from the install kernel one must use stty to get backspace to work as it should.

Two, why would anyone ever want to emulate numlock on a Mac? Why would it ever even be on anymore for any port? I was aghast to find that while using a local console with a USB keyboard on macppc that the number keys didn't work until I hit the "clear" button. Why would anyone bring such an ugly legacy kludge from the PC world into the macppc port?

Thanks,
John