Re: gvfs, samba

Tom sent me a patch (that does some other things too) offlist.  It is
not about making it work.  It is just about not building the DC stuff,
which I think might also avoid some dependencies.

So yes, it's space, build time, etc.

That's fair enough it was just curiousity. Given that Tom has stepped up and provided a patch its perfectly reasonable.

I just don't put the samba build very high on my build time radar :) but then I'm comparing it to rust, llvm, firefox & thunderbird. I'm also a lot more isolated from build times as I'm not doing them direct on the target system so a long build time doesn't leave my server in a non-operational state.

Mike