Re: csup, cvsup (Re: [HEADS UP] packages not supporting destdir)

On Mon, 2 Apr 2012, Alistair Crooks wrote:

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 06:02:22AM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
    Date:        Mon, 02 Apr 2012 02:00:28 +0400
    From:        Aleksej Saushev <>

  | Does it have any advantages over rsync?

We don't have cvsup because it requires a modula 3 compiler, and as has
been mentioned, csup still seems to have problems (cvsup just works for
me as long as I can keep locating a suitable server to pull from - since
they're not project maintained, from time to time one just vanishes).
Given that, and how network & system resource friendly it is, I prefer
to just keep using it.

What are the csup problems? I'm curious because life in FreeBSD-land seems
to revolve around using csup for updating cvs trees.

Hangs. Looks like pthread problems. Did you look at the pr?

Hisashi T Fujinaka -