Re: [HEADS UP] packages not supporting destdir

  This issue is serious. We do harm to NetBSD and pkgsrc acceptance by
  removing packages on arbitrary grounds. You should present strong
  reasons why the lack of staged installation support should be the
  reason to remove fully functional packages.

I basically agree with Aleksej here; I don't like pruning things because
they are aesthetically displeasing.  To date, I haven't seen an argument
that their continued existence is causing anyone problems.

I'm still using cvsup, and that saves the main anoncvs server from quite
a bit of traffic (many people at work use my mirror).   If you delete
the package I'll nuke my server and tell people to just use the public
one.  Maybe that's ok, but it seems inadvisable if there's no real harm.