Re: travails of the pixman upgrade [Was: Is pango still broken? (vim-gtk2 won't build)]

    Date:        Sat, 25 Sep 2010 15:53:56 +0200
    From:        Rhialto <rhialto%falu.nl@localhost>

  | If you compare this with what `pkg-config --libs pangox' prints, at
  | least on my system:

Yes, I think I said (I hope I remembered) in one of the earlier messages
that pkg-config seemed to be producing the correct list, and in fact,
the LIBS setting in configure (which comes, among other places) from
this value, looks right to me.

But $LIBS is in the command line after $LDFLAGS (which is not a surprise),
and so the -Wl,-R setting from LDFLAGS (in the wrong order) is making the
ones in LIBS (in the right order) irrelevant.

What I still don't know is from where pkgsrc (and it must be pkgsrc,
somewhere) gets the value for the LDFLAGS it puts in the environment when
it runs configure.

kre