Re: ${PYPKGPREFIX}- for package names (and wip/py-buildbot)

  I can't say I understand half of what you guys are discussing but I
  regularly encounter issues with zope and associated py-modules.

  I use the latest version of python with my own scripts but any time
  the system requires updating, any kind of automation (rolling replace
  namely) refuses to acknowledge I want to update both py24 modules and
  py25/py26. The end result is that only the preferred version modules
  remain, leaving me to figure out what I need to reinstall.

  I haven't checked it lately, so it may not be relevant ... actually,
  this may not be relevant at all but I thought I'd mention it :)

The issues being discussed is that there are some packages that install
files in a python-version-specific directory, but don't have a pyXY-
prefix, and most people think that's a bug.

Your issue is one I've encountered and is a bug/not-yet-implemented
feature in pkg_chk, make replace or pkg_rolling-replace.  As an example,
there is a package py25-foo installed, with the default python version
set to 26.  pkg_chk reports that this package is out of date, perhaps
because 25/26 or perhaps because it's been updated (on the package
version side).  Then pkg_rolling-replace calls 'make replace', and it
finds PKGPATH from the installed package, and builds py26-foo, and when
it tries to deinstall py26-foo fails because it wasn't ever there.

I think the fix is (some of this may be ok already):

  make pkg_chk understand pyNN-foo-X.Y, in that such packages are out of
  date only if foo is at other than X.Y, even if NN
  != PYTHON_VERSION_DEFAULT.

  make the way make replace checks for old versions also respect this

  that might be it, but pkg_rolling-replace might need some fixes too.
  Perhaps an option to add packages pyPVD-foo if that doesn't exist and
  there is a pyOV-foo.  Or perhaps only if one is changing the default
  version of python.  Presently changing the default version is messy.