${PYPKGPREFIX}- for package names (and wip/py-buildbot)

I am using buildbot and I see the wip/py-buildbot package is named like:

DISTNAME=               buildbot-0.7.7
PKGNAME=                ${PYPKGPREFIX}-${DISTNAME}

For example: py25-buildbot-0.7.7

The pkgsrc Guide says:

  If the packaged software is a Python module, include "../../lang/python/
  extension.mk". In this case, the package directory should be called
  "py-software" and PKGNAME should be set to "${PYPKGPREFIX}-${DISTNAME}",
  e.g.

  DISTNAME=   foopymodule-1.2.10
  PKGNAME=    ${PYPKGPREFIX}-${DISTNAME}

  If it is an application, also include "../../lang/python/application.mk"
  before "extension.mk".

So the py prefix is only for wrappers/interfaces like py24-libxml2-2.6.30,
py24-libxslt-1.1.22, and py25-expat-0nb4.

Can someone confirm this for this package? (So I will remove the PKGNAME
line so the PYPKGPREFIX is not prefixed.)

I plan on finishing (like installing docs) and testing the package and
importing into pkgsrc.

  Jeremy C. Reed

p.s. I see a new version is available, so I will update to it. I cc'd the
last updater of the wip package.