Re: sysutils/amanda not working - resolved

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008, Hauke Fath wrote:

     As a side note, I've noticed that even after a successful backup
     run, nothing has been entered into the /etc/amandates file that
     I created.  But the file must exist in order for the sendsize
     (and presumably sendbackup) programs to work properly.

Upstream bug, perhaps.  Should be in VARBASE/amanda, but that may be
hard.

Well, it's analog to /etc/dumpdates, I guess.

Exactly. This file is maintained by amanda for gnu-tar backups, and it is merged internally with /etc/dumpdates when determining which disks need to be backed up.

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul%whooppee.com@localhost   |
| Network Engineer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%juniper.net@localhost |