[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: sysutils/amanda not working
Paul Goyette writes:
- Without making any changes anywhere, amanda has stopped working. It
- passes all the checks in amcheck, and it actually starts all the dumper
- and taper tasks. The log files report that all the sendsize tasks
- return no information, and the taper debug log seems to indicate some
- sort of error before it dumps core with a segmentation fault. Debug
- logs are fairly cryptic and I have no idea what's really wrong, but the
- bottom line is that I'm not getting any backups.
It's an issue of a poor interaction between Amanda and NetBSD's
IPv6 implementation. Make the following sysctl change, (and
don't forget to add it to /etc/sysctl.conf):
The change is needed on all the amanda clients. (and in the
amanda architecture, as far as backups are concerned, the server
is just another client.)
- Is anyone else using amanda? Are you running it on a X86_64 server?
Yup, and yup..
I've got amanda running on an alpha as the amanda server, lots
of alpha, sparc, sparc64, i386, and x86_64 clients. (mostly
NetBSD, but some SCO OpenServer, Linux, HP-UX and FreeBSD in the mix.)
Eric Schnoebelen eric%cirr.com@localhost
I not only use all the brains that I have, but all that I can borrow.
-Woodrow Wilson, 1856-1924, Twenty-eighth President of the USA
Main Index |
Thread Index |