Re: X on 10.0 RC1 is unusable on my laptop

Mike Pumford <mpumford%mudcovered.org.uk@localhost> writes:

> On 24/11/2023 16:28, Patrick Welche wrote:
>> I notice that my artifacts (8th gen) disappear really quickly /
>> hardly exist if the system is under load. Otherwise, they also self
>> clear after about a second. Someone (tnn? rvp?) mentioned the
>> possibility of cache lines not being flushed in this context.
>>
> That matches my experience exactly. They completely disappear if the
> system is under any sort of load. I'd always assumed it was a cache
> thing and got exactly the same behaviour on 9-STABLE as well.

Do we think that the GPU reads from RAM separately from the CPU cache,
so that bits written to a write-back cache are not in memory and thus
not rendered correctly?  Is there some way to flush that cache after
writing, or to set that region to write-through, or ?