Re: X on 10.0 RC1 is unusable on my laptop

On Tue, Nov 14, 2023 at 08:13:22AM +0100, tlaronde%kergis.com@localhost wrote:

> Try disabling drmkms at userconf:
>
> disable i915drmkms*
>
> It is not the "same" Intel driver in fact ;-)

Just a note that i915drmkms won't apply workarounds to any generation
below gen 8, it will probe and attach early versions but it is a bit hit
and miss whether it will work or not due to hitting hardware errors.

The drm driver appears to be missing some gen 7 devices - like the one
in my laptop so you may get a probe failure with that.

--
Brett Lymn
--

"We are were wolves",