Re: Configuring wsfb using xorg.conf

Hello,

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 4:35 PM Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Sept 2021 at 20:35, RVP <rvp%sdf.org@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 14 Sep 2021, Riza Dindir wrote:
> >
> > > But is it possible to download other fonts from somewhere? I could put
> > > these into the /usr/share/wscons/fonts directory and could have a
> > > console that has smaller fonts at the end of the boot process.
> > >

> > Both TTF fonts and BDF fonts can be used if you convert them into WSFont
> > format first. There are 2 utilities, bdfload & ttf2wsfont, available in
> > /usr/xsrc/local/programs/ which'll do this--if you compile them first.
> >
> > > Would it be possible to use the spleen* fonts from within wscons? I
> > > think that would be possible.
> > >

> > Absolutely:
> >
> > $ tail -n6 /etc/wscons.conf
> > # Change VT font
> > font   spleen  12      24      iso     /usr/share/wscons/fonts/spleen-12x24.fnt
> > setvar ttyE0   font            spleen
> > setvar ttyE1   font            spleen
> > setvar ttyE2   font            spleen
> > setvar ttyE3   font            spleen
> > $
>
> When I add this to wscons.conf, I get:
>
> ttyE0: wsconsctl: WSDISPLAYIO_SFONT: Device not configured
> ttyE1: wsconsctl: WSDISPLAYIO_SFONT: Device not configured
> ttyE2: wsconsctl: WSDISPLAYIO_SFONT: Device not configured
> ttyE3: wsconsctl: WSDISPLAYIO_SFONT: Device not configured
> /etc/rc.d/wscons exited with code 1
>
> Any pointers?

Did not try those yet, but I have it working with ibm font.

I have added this font line in the wscons file

font    ibm16   -       16      ibm     /usr/share/wscons/fonts/vt220l.816

and have the fonts set for the ttyE* devices set as

setvar  ttyE0   font            ibm16
setvar  ttyE1   font            ibm16
setvar  ttyE2   font            ibm16
setvar  ttyE3   font            ibm16

You also have to set these devices to on in the /etc/ttys file

ttyE0   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt100   on secure
ttyE1   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt100   on secure
ttyE2   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt100   on secure
ttyE3   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt100   on secure

This works for me for now. As I said I did not try the spleen fonts
yet. I liked the ibm 16 bit high fonts for now.

> > -RVP
>

> --
> ----

Regards,