Re: Configuring wsfb using xorg.conf

Hello RVP,

On Sun, Sep 12, 2021 at 8:41 PM RVP <rvp%sdf.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Sep 2021, Riza Dindir wrote:
>
> > I wanted to ask, if it is possible to configure the wsfb driver using
> > the xorg.conf file, instead of setting "gop 0" in the boot.cfg file?
> >

> The Xorg wsfb driver uses the resolution set up by the kernel framebuffer,
> so you need that `gop N'.
>
> Any reason why you want X to do it?

When starting up, as soon as it sees the gop (my resolution is
1366x768), it switches the resolution. The text output is small. This
is all good, although the font is small, but ok. Then changes to 80x24
resolution (in rows/cols). It does that as soon as it gets to load
genfb in the diagnostics messages. The consoles stay that way.

Although this is ok (80x24 row/cols), meaning it is not good looking,
but can live with that. But I wanted to change that so that it stays
the same. Looked at the wscons.conf, but it gave an warning that the
consoles did not get configured or something.

> -RVP

Riza