Re: green lines hell

gson%gson.org@localhost (Andreas Gustafsson) writes:

>It would be nice is the solution also worked for serial consoles.
>I keep having issues with scripted serial console installs failing
>because sysinst output is corrupted or lost when kernel messages are
>printed.

/dev/console can be redirected with the TIOCCONS ioctl. That's how
xconsole works, it opens a pty, redirects console output to it
and then logs things written to the pty to an X window.

sysinst could do the same and then e.g. present console output in a
curses window.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost