dk for z/lvm volumes?

Hey,

I recently wanted to set up backup of a (snapshot of a) zvol that I had exported via iscsi to a windows machine, and got stumped because windows didn't just create a ntfs filesystem on the volume, it also added a partition table and so mount_ntfs and ntfs-3g couldn't find the filesystem on it.

I couldn't coax dkctl to create dk devices for the gpt on the volume, and dkctl seems like a bit of a mismatch for creating arbitrary dk:s anyway as it seems mostly directed at bare drives (cache settings etc).

My other thought was using vnconfig, but that doesn't seem like the right tool either.

This left me with a couple of questions, is dk the right fit for getting at partitions on logical volumes? Could a tool be written that does this so we wouldn't have to load down dkctl with features that aren't really related to disks or is dk* not the right device and a new driver is needed? Have I just missted something?

Thoughts?

Staffan