Re: green lines hell

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 01:22:30PM +0200, Andreas Gustafsson wrote:
> It would be nice is the solution also worked for serial consoles.
> I keep having issues with scripted serial console installs failing
> because sysinst output is corrupted or lost when kernel messages are
> printed.

Yeah, the ttyE0 vs. ttyE1 variant (which is quite simple to implement)
does not work for that - and I do nearly all my installs over serial
console.

Maybe we can open a pty, collect its output (within sysinst) and redirect
console there - but then some parts explicitly expect kernel output and
external invoked program output to be "mixed" - but that can be dealt
with.

Martin