Re: Userconf & DRM driver (Was Re: Panic: no console device)

We have ver. 8.0 liftoff!

On Thu, Mar 07, 2019 at 10:34:30PM +0100, Michael van Elst wrote:

> The drivers are (for Intel, ATI and NVidia):

> i915drmkms
> radeon
> nouveau

Userconf very nicely complied with my requests to nuke those, and it
mirrored back to me (a nice feature) when it succeeded in the second
and third cases. But that did it; my version 8.0 kernel booted
without a hitch.

I'm wondering now how best to bring the rest of the system into sync
with ver 8.0; it originated in my install of 7.1.2. I have managed
to get a lot of basic configuration chores completed. I'd like to
spare them destruction at the hands of a stupid upgrade, i.e. one
master-minded by ME.

I feel ok about changing my pkgsrc host and cvs-upping the
/usr/pkgsrc tree. It's the userland I worry about. All suggestions
will be accepted with great applause.

Thank you, and the entire group here on the list!

--
Bob Bernstein