Re: Panic: no console device

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019, Martin Husemann wrote:

You can get the latest from the daily builds:
https://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-8/latest/

As I reported, there was no advance with this iso file over the one I first tried. However, I stayed in the nycdn file server and had very good luck (system installed, booted, begun fine-tuning) with going back to version 7.1.2. But there is a wrinkle...

I see from some research that I am not the first (of course! duh Bob!) to run afoul this mishap with the boot manager:

Fn: diskn
1. NetBSD

...with nary a hint of my Windows partition on this disk, and this even after I went back and reassigned "active" to the Windows partition after I had at first given that privilege to my new NetBSD partition.

With 'fdisk -B' I edited the boot selector to look like this:

0 The first active partition
1.NetBSD
2.Harddisk 0

...and agreed to write those changes to the MBR, but they never appear at boot time, only when I execute 'fdisk -B'.

Thank you.

--
,----[ IMPORTANT ]---
`----