Re: system temperatures

On 08/30/15 12:10, Leonardo Taccari wrote:
Hello William!

"William A. Mahaffey III" writes:
[...]
June & July were a bear, August a pussycat (so far), cool & wet, usually
the worst of the three. How do I go about finding out what sensors I can
monitor, what buses they are on, etc. All I have right now is temp. for
CPU0 (exactly what I asked for, no sweat), I would like more if
available, fan speeds, chipset temps, maybe HDD temps, etc. Any (more)
clues appreciated. TIA & have a good one.
Regarding hard disk temperatures they are usually availables via SMART,
e.g.:

  # atactl wd0 smart status
  [...]
  194 100    0     no  online  positive    Temperature                 35 Lifetime min/max 12/50
  [...]

HTH!
Ciao,
L.

Does indeed help, no apparent way to query all installed drives, I tried 'wd[0-5]' & it balked, but useful nonetheless :-). Thanks.

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                           -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.