Re: system temperatures

On 08/30/15 11:51, herbert langhans wrote:
     From: Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> [150830 18:34]
     On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 10:54:58AM -0453, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:

     > It is convenient on my various linux boxen to use lm_sensors to retrieve
     > apparently accurate temps. for various system components (CPU's), as
     > well as data on fan speeds, etc. Under FreeBSD (9.3R-p21), sysctl
     > provides some of this info, but apparently inaccurately. Under NetBSD
     > 6.1.5, I see no references to temperatures at all :-(.
You are looking for envstat(8)
     Martin

Hi William,
some inspiration maybe? Here is an excerpt of my /etc/envsys.conf

aiboost0 {
         sensor0 {
                 warning-max  = 75C;
                 }
         sensor1 {
                 warning-max  = 70C;
                 }
         sensor6 {
                 critical-min = 1200;
                 warning-min  = 1400;
                 warning-max  = 3500;
                 }
         sensor7 {
                 critical-min = 1800;
                 warning-min  = 2000;
                 warning-max  = 3500;
                 }
  }
#
amdtemp0 {
         sensor0 {
                 critical-max = 90C;
                 warning-max  = 85C;
                 }
  }

####################################

The sensors will be different, the man page will tell you about it.
Be aware of Celsius/Farenheit - Celsius needs 'C'. The 1000-something is
the revolutions of the fans.

Hot summer at your place too? ;)

Cheers
herb langhans

June & July were a bear, August a pussycat (so far), cool & wet, usually the worst of the three. How do I go about finding out what sensors I can monitor, what buses they are on, etc. All I have right now is temp. for CPU0 (exactly what I asked for, no sweat), I would like more if available, fan speeds, chipset temps, maybe HDD temps, etc. Any (more) clues appreciated. TIA & have a good one.

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                           -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.