Re: system temperatures

On 08/30/15 12:05, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
On 30 August 2015 at 16:47, William A. Mahaffey III <wam%hiwaay.net@localhost> wrote:
It is convenient on my various linux boxen to use lm_sensors to retrieve
apparently accurate temps. for various system components (CPU's), as well as
data on fan speeds, etc. Under FreeBSD (9.3R-p21), sysctl provides some of
this info, but apparently inaccurately. Under NetBSD 6.1.5, I see no
references to temperatures at all :-(. It would be sweet to fix that minor
issue, seems like it would be a bit more than just sweet for remote servers,
etc. Do I file this as a problem report of some sort ? If so, how do I go
about doing that :-) ? TIA & have a nice weekend.
Give a look at this:
https://wiki.netbsd.org/tutorials/cpu_frequency_scaling/

Interesting. I am on a 4256EE Opteron, & I see estd available for install, powernow options in sysctl, I will have a look-see. I seem to be running pretty cool now, 34-ish degC, but this could help even more. Thanks :-).

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                           -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.