Re: Install i386 or amd64?

On 25 January 2014 14:58, herbert langhans <w3%langhans.com.pl@localhost> wrote:
> The BIOS legacy mode I havent heard of yet (my equipment is quite
> vintage). Does it mean a non-legacy mode computer doesnt boot anything
> but MS-stuff? Or some funny partition table you cannot get rid of?

I still would check with the manufacturer or reseller what kind of
firmware they use.

I would expect any modern laptop would come with a new UEFI-compliant
firmware and not the old fashioned BIOS. I suspect that model would
come with legacy mode (Lenovo uses the term CSM -Compatibility Support
Module).

I am not sure about the status of Netbsd with UEFI firmware but I am
sure somebody will clarify this point.

--
Ottavio