Re: Install i386 or amd64?

    From: Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> [140125
15:12]
    On 25 January 2014 14:58, herbert langhans <w3%langhans.com.pl@localhost>
wrote:
    > The BIOS legacy mode I havent heard of yet (my equipment is quite
    > vintage). Does it mean a non-legacy mode computer doesnt boot anything
    > but MS-stuff? Or some funny partition table you cannot get rid of?

    I still would check with the manufacturer or reseller what kind of
    firmware they use.
    I would expect any modern laptop would come with a new UEFI-compliant
    firmware and not the old fashioned BIOS. I suspect that model would
    come with legacy mode (Lenovo uses the term CSM -Compatibility Support
    Module).
    I am not sure about the status of Netbsd with UEFI firmware but I am
    sure somebody will clarify this point.
    --
    Ottavio

Thanks, I found some detail by googling. The B590 has also such legacy
mode, there are Linux distributions what confirm it works (I guess the
partitioning thing will work universal with non-MS systems, also
NetBSD).

Still wonder if I should try the NetBSD/amd64.
--
herb