Re: Install i386 or amd64?

    From: Volkmar Seifert <vs%nifelheim.info@localhost> [140125 16:34]
    > I hope just 2GB doesnt slow down the amd64 or get it stuck. Did you try
    > such combination, Volkmar?

    Well, RAM isn't expensive, so I guess I'd install the 64-bit version anyway.
    Indeed I did that on a set-top-box (with a Windows 7 64-bit), while it had
2 GB RAM. I upgraded to 4GB later (more the board can't handle).
    Just make sure your swap-area is big enough from the start. Changing that
later is...well...kind of a pain.
    It's not really slowing down anything, it's just that all pointers etc. are
64-bit, not 32. Might seem like a captain obvious statement, but the
consequence is a higher RAM-consumption, something most people are really aware
of.
    Best regards,
    Volkmar

That sounds good, I will give it a try, care for enough cache (laptop
comes with such half a terabyte hd - no problem) and keep an eye on
the RAM allocation.

The only thing what annoys me is the leak of a three button mouse (that
touchpad under the keyboard I mean). Was standard on older Thinkpads and
its gone on all the new laptops. But thats another story ...

I will let you know, how this model performs with NetBSD.

Thanks for all your suggestions, its great advice!
--
herb langhans