Re: Various size of (Project) ideas for NetBSD and pkgsrc

On 10/02/2013 11:13 AM, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 02, 2013 at 11:01:47AM +0200, Sergio Lopez wrote:
>>>
>>> The "just need an OpenFirmware replacement" part scares me big time.
>>> Is there any practical use in this?
>>
>> Well, perhaps saying "OpenFirmware replacement" was a bit of an
>> exaggeration.
>
> I mean in the whole project - is it more than an academic example?
> Are there boards like this used for anything in practical ways?

AFAIK, is being used for both academic and industrial purposes, but I
suppose the latter are mostly Gaisler customers (the European Space
Agency was a prominent one).

Personally, it appeals to me because its an "European" (well, mostly)
synthesizable GPL'ed processor, but I don't expect to see any LEON based
computers in the mass market in a near future ;-)

Sergio.