Re: Games works better under control of NetBSD, than under Linux' ?

2012/9/27, Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost>:

> Can you try time command and do exactly same actions on both OSes
> (such as just starting and closing the game)?

Here you are (just "starting the game, and clicking 'Quit'):

Linux:

LBreakout2 2.6.4
Copyright 2001-2011 Michael Speck
Published under GNU GPL
---
Looking up data in: /Programs/Lbreakout2/2.6.4/share/lbreakout2
Looking up highscores in: /System/Variable
Looking up custom levels in: /Users/zb/.lgames/lbreakout2-levels
Saving highscore chart in: /System/Variable
Client finalized
GUI finalized
Audio finalized
STK finalized
SDL finalized
real    0m 2.69s
user    0m 0.90s
sys     0m 0.11s

NetBSD:

LBreakout2 2.6.3
Copyright 2001-2011 Michael Speck
Published under GNU GPL
---
Looking up data in: /usr/pkg/share/lbreakout2
Looking up highscores in: /var/games
Looking up custom levels in: /home/zb/.lgames/lbreakout2-levels
Write permission for '/var/games/lbreakout2.hscr' denied.
Unable to access highscore chart in '/var/games'.
Trying to use config directory '/home/zb/.lgames'.
Saving highscore chart in: /home/zb/.lgames
Client finalized
GUI finalized
Audio finalized
STK finalized
SDL finalized

real    0m2.333s
user    0m0.506s
sys     0m0.075s

Of course, I wasn't 100% precise - but I tried to close the game
window the same way, the same time.

Again I recommend to you installing the game, and examining it by
yourself - believe me, it won't hurt! ;)

>  top's time depends on several
> factors such as other load on the machine.
>
> BTW, there are basic differences between the way Linux and BSDs see load
> average as well.

That's why I started the thread; the thing is very interesting (NetBSD
better for gaming than Linux?) - but still I'm not sure, is it real,
or maybe it's only the different way of measuring CPU load?
--
Z.