Re: Games works better under control of NetBSD, than under Linux' ?

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 08:35:10PM +0300, Jukka Ruohonen wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 03:56:32PM +0000, Zbigniew wrote:
> > Maybe someone could be able to explain, what exactly is the cause, and
> > why the games works better in NetBSD's environment, than under Linux'
> > control (where they were originally designed)? Is it really something
> > OS-kernel related? Or SDL for NetBSD works differently? Anything else?

Which games? What is "better"?

Sorry, if I missed previous posts that answer these. I notice this thread
now.

I have been struggling with a game called frozen-bubble on NetBSD. It
crashes often and sound doesn't work. Everything works alright on Linux.

I think most of this has to do with portability of code or someone from
pkgsrc having found time to create NetBSD specific patches if required.

Mayuresh