Re: ports

On 8/31/2012 19:01, Izaac wrote:

Or, you could just explicitly declare your preference in /etc/mk.conf.

All that aside: I'm no apologist for pkgsrc.  I frankly think it's
pretty awful and not a little embarrassing.  But this isn't one of the
things it gets entirely wrong.

As a point of clarification, /etc/mk.conf only applies to NetBSD.
On other platforms, the file is $PREFIX/etc/mk.conf (e.g. /usr/pkg/etc/mk.conf) and it is entirely pkgsrc specific.