Re: need to disable IPv6

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 11:34:24AM +0300, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
> > If it wouldn't work, you wouldn't have any more problems than a
> > 0.0001 second delay on opening a connection. Your problem probably
> > is that you have a rogue router on your LAN...
>
> Well, I meant that our IPS don't provide ipv6 and it's unlikely that situation
> will change in nearest future.

If you really want IPv6 you can always get an IPv6 tunnel from a
tunnel provider like SixXS or Hurricane Electric. SixXS even support
tunnels to machines behind NAT routers (see "pkgsrc/net/aiccu").

I'm using SixXS on a NetBSD server located at an IPv6 ignorant ISP for years.
It worked quite well with the PoP in Hamburg Germany and now works even
better with the PoP in Cologne Germany.

        Kind regards