Re: need to disable IPv6

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 09:45:58PM -0400, Anne Bennett wrote:
> As of early June, one of my automated jobs (to retrieve my contact
> list from Google) stopped working with "no route to host";

What applications are you using for this job? They should fallback to
IPv4 automatically. The "no route to host" might be a red hering.
NetBSD's own ftp(1) will e.g. print that out when you connect from
an IPv4-only host to an dual stack host. But it *will* connect.

> Now I can't use Google Maps at all (with Firefox), and I'm wondering
> if it's another IPv6 problem.

Firefox definitely falls back to IPv4 if IPv6 is not working.

        Kind regards