Re: HP Deskjet F380 All-in-One on NetBSD

Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> writes:

> On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 12:13:20PM -0600, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>> Can you print to it without any printer daemon?
>>
>> What happens when you send to your ulpt or ulpn directly?
>
> Nothing really. So I think it's futile to try foomatic-rip.

Perhaps this is obvious, but there are two things going on

  getting the bytes to the printer

  formatting the data you want into printer-specific coding

I think that's behind foomatic-rip and the use of cat.
But again, I suggest that you look at the logs and turn up debuggin.