Re: xenbackendd error

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 08:04:38PM +0200, Bruno Gruel wrote:
> Re,
>
> Sorry for the delay i can't reply before.
> I must confess not really understand the last stage, and i can't
> follow you but really want to understand the debug process.
>
> My first error comes from xenbackendd, binary being part of
> xentools. Therefore a uninstall/patche/ré-install correct the first
> error message.

This message was harmless, but whatever ...

> Then to go more far (with errors gather via the com), it seems (
> it's  what i understand) that the problem comes from the kernel. I
> think that we talk about the XENKERNEL (the xen.gz file) i'm wrong ?

no, it's the netbsd dom0 kernel, build from the XEN3_DOM0 config
file (the netbsd-XEN3_DOM0.gz file you probably downloaded from the
NetBSD ftp server).

> So i apply the diff to /usr/src/sys/arch/xen/xen/xbdback_xenbus.c
> but after ..?
>
> I think that i must delete the /xen.gz and
> /usr/pkg/xen41-kernel/xen.gz file and after cd
> /usr/pkgsrc/sysutils/xenkernel41 next make && make install next cp
> /usr/pkg/xen41-kernel/xen.gz /xen.gz
>
> I'm right ?

No,
you do:

cd /usr/src
./build.sh tools kernel=XEN3_DOM0

this will gives you a netbsd file (the absolute path will be printed
by build.sh at the end) that you have to install in place of
the netbsd-XEN3_DOM0.gz file you downloaded.