Re: xenbackendd error

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 13:57:57 +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 02:05:18PM +0200, Bruno Gruel wrote:
Sorry but there is somethings wrong in my mind.

OK i aplly the diff to /usr/src/sys/arch/xen/xen/xbdback_xenbus.c
but i don't remember have to compile netbsd kernel during XEN41
install ?.

No, you didn't. You used a precompiled kernel, but as all
precompiled kernels available actually have the bug, you have to
build one yourself.
Re,

Sorry for the delay i can't reply before.
I must confess not really understand the last stage, and i can't follow you but really want to understand the debug process.

My first error comes from xenbackendd, binary being part of xentools. Therefore a uninstall/patche/ré-install correct the first error message. Then to go more far (with errors gather via the com), it seems ( it's what i understand) that the problem comes from the kernel. I think that we talk about the XENKERNEL (the xen.gz file) i'm wrong ?

So i apply the diff to /usr/src/sys/arch/xen/xen/xbdback_xenbus.c but after ..?

I think that i must delete the /xen.gz and /usr/pkg/xen41-kernel/xen.gz file and after cd /usr/pkgsrc/sysutils/xenkernel41 next make && make install next cp /usr/pkg/xen41-kernel/xen.gz /xen.gz

I'm right ?

If i'm right i don't understand the relationship between /usr/src/sys/arch/xen/xen/xbdback_xenbus.c and /usr/pkgsrc/sysutils/xenkernel41.

Thank's.

Bruno

--
Sallanches Data Network (SDN)